Monday, July 27, 2015

Do Not Step On The Grass!


          I’ve been cutting grass since I was about 12 years old. At first it was just to make a quick $20 to buy junk food or some other trash I didn’t need when I was young. Once I got a little older and bought my first house, I started really getting into actual landscaping versus only cutting the grass and being done with it. I found that there is a lot of trial and error when you’re learning different aspects of landscaping. Sometimes you find yourself re-working something you already did, or causing more work for yourself than needed. For example, my buddy Brandt swears putting a weed blocking barrier down is a mistake because next season you have to fight threw it to plant new plants or re-do the mulch beds. It is a pain in the butt to deal with, but keeping the weeds out of a mulch bed or garden is easy if you just put a few minutes a day into it.

          I’ve had many people ask who does my yardwork, or how do I do this or that. I’ve seriously considered opening my own little landscaping business I can run on the weekends. This past week, my girlfriend had a friend over that wanted me to take care of her yard. I agreed to do so, not knowing how it looked before I quoted anything or started! This yard was a mess. You couldn’t even see the sidewalk leading to the front door for all the weeds. Needless to say, it took longer than expected to get it fixed, but it looks really good now.  Her and her neighbor both said I have “real talent” and should start a business landscaping.

          I enjoy landscaping more than most people I’m sure. I can just get out there with some music and a cold beer and do my own thing without being bothered. I think I will start accumulating more landscaping equipment over the next year or so, and see what comes of it. I figure, if I can get a decent mower and a trailer to pull all the gear from house to house, I can do what I want and make my own schedule. Even if it’s only part time to make a few extra dollars, I’ll be doing what I like. I can also pass the skill on to my son, and maybe even pass him his own little start up business when he’s ready!

If you want an estimate just hit me up at jeffc.jeff@gmail.com 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers